Fun with the Fitels

A look into the life of (not-so) newlyweds Danny and Bethany Fitelson.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fall is here...yippee!!

Fall is here, and while that induces a bit of stress in my work, school, and youth ministry life, it also induces intense excitement because we have three, count em', THREE, vacations coming up this fall. It was quite by accident, but we're excited all the same, and we're ready to take a break!


This summer on July 1st we celebrated our second anniversary and on August 3rd welcomed our first niece into the world! She's beautiful and we are dying to meet her but will have to wait until November since Danny's brother and his family are all the way in Manhattan.

So, for our three vacations this fall, we are counting down (see the post below) to trip #1, our big trip to Italy, in less than a month. We will be in Rome for three days and Florence for four, and I'm beside myself with excitement! I can't wait to introduce Danny to the adventure of 14-hour flights and jet lag and the joys of seeing a new country. I've been practicing Italian, which is close enough to Spanish that I'm picking it up really easily. I'm looking forward to seeing the Sistine Chapel and the ancient sites in Rome and eating amazing food and gelato in Florence! We will definitely post pictures on our blog, so stay tuned!

Trip #2 will be with Danny's folks to New York in November to meet our niece. Fitelson family trips to New York are a blast, and I can't wait to see the baby and see my old friend, the Manhattan skyline. Fall in New York just makes me happy, and we have a baby to snuggle to make it even better!

Trip #3 was a recent development, but we are going with my whole family to Texas to celebrate my sister Grace's graduation from Abilene Christian University! I'm so happy for Grace to celebrate this big accomplishment, and I'm looking forward to introducing Danny to my Texas roots and Harold's barbeque. I'm drooling just thinking about it. We'll be spending two days in Dallas so I'm looking forward to catching up with Pepperdine friends Travis and Meagan (and their two kiddos) and Kelli (and her new baby boy). Lots of new babies to meet and old friends to hug! But, the climax of our time in Dallas will be ..... drumroll, please..... my first Cowboys game!!!! We just got the tickets in the mail today and I'm about to explode with excitement. We'll be seeing the second to last game in Texas stadium (sniff, sniff) and possibly the biggest game of the season as they take on the New York Giants. I plan to deck myself out in blue and silver and scream my head off. As my mom often quotes one-year-old Bethany: "EEEEEE BOWBOYS!"

In between these vacations, we'll be continuing with life as usual with the Oakland youth group, I'll be taking a new class on the Gospels in the fall, and work at Fuller is busy as always. More updates to come after all the fun to be had over the next four months!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert and Kelli said...

Yeah! We are so excited to see you! What an exciting fall you have planned!

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home