Fun with the Fitels

A look into the life of (not-so) newlyweds Danny and Bethany Fitelson.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Back to...normal?

Danny is safely home from CHIC (and has promised to blog on it later), which means that life is back to normal in our home, except that I wouldn't call it normal. Considering we had one week to adjust to married life before he left town, we're still adjusting to the newness of living together. I'm not sure our lives will ever be "normal" as we seem to be going at a hectic pace most of the time.


The night Danny came home from CHIC, I started my first class at Fuller Seminary as I begin pursuing a Master's degree in Theology. I'm very excited and nervous about this learning experience and the time it will take to study and -gulp- write 20 page papers again. I knew starting two weeks after the wedding wasn't the best idea, but this is a rare opportunity with a visiting professor, and 5 of my friends from First Covenant are taking the class as well, so I didn't want to pass it up. Danny carpooled to class with our friends and I came straight from work, so in class was the first time we spent together after a week-long separation. When the professor found out we had been married three weeks and apart for one, he was very congratulatory and then insisted we shouldn't be in class. We couldn't tell if he was kidding, and I wasn't about to ditch my first grad school class ever, so we stayed -- despite the hopeful look on Danny's face when we had permission to leave. In case you're worried about our marriage at this point, we did get a date on Saturday night... after I finished another full day of class.

Last night we had our first official night of hosting. The three Levey teens came over for homemade pizza (thanks Eve!) and we took them out to a movie: Nacho Libre. (I wouldn't call it good but I did laugh out loud throughout the whole movie.) It was so much fun to have teens over, although they weren't as excited about our new dishes and placemats as we were. Danny and I hope to do a lot of hosting as we both come from families where hospitality was a way of life.

But, every once in a while, we'll need to plan a "normal" date that doesn't involve seminary or high schoolers. I think we can manage that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home