Fun with the Fitels

A look into the life of (not-so) newlyweds Danny and Bethany Fitelson.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving in New York

Danny and I just returned from a week in New York to celebrate Thanksgiving with Danny's family. I am in love with New York City but I had not been in 8 years so I was so excited and energized to walk through the streets of that amazing city. We got to do fun tourist stuff but also had Danny's brother Michael and his wife Betsy as local tour guides.

We crammed a lot into a few days, so I'll list them off quickly and post a few pictures. If you want more pictures, I have them posted on Kodakgallery.com and you can email me and I'll invite you to view them.

We went to Michael's photography show at an art gallery near their home on the Upper West side of Manhattan. We met some very interesting people and I really enjoyed getting to say "I'm the sister-in-law of the artist."

We took a horse carriage ride through Central Park.

We went ice skating at Rockefeller Center and saw the entire city from the Top of the Rock observation deck.

We visited Ground Zero and saw the September 11 timeline and several memorials.

We walked through downtown and saw Trinity Church, Battery Park, and a long-distance view of the Statue of Liberty.

We saw the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular with the Rockettes.

We left the country, meaning we visited the U.N. which is on international territory.

We saw the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! Even if it was only 20 minutes and it was raining and cold, I was thrilled! We went down the night before to watch the balloons being filled. Up close, they are HUGE!

I took a LOT of pictures, we ate great food with family and celebrated Thanksgiving with Betsy's family in Connecticut. It was a great week!


Us at the Top of the Rock observation deck overlooking Central Park


With Manhattan and the Empire State Building in the background


The view of Times Square from our hotel room, thanks to Danny's brother and his wife. Mike and Betsy put us up in the Marriot Marquis on Times Square as a wedding gift.


At the parade: Danny, Scooby and Mike

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bethany, so cool! Send me the link to your pictures. Thanks for the update!

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to see the pictures too! You guys should do a travel show or book. Your faces with all these famous places in the background (like Niagara Falls!) would make a great coffee table book. I want to send this posting to someone planning a trip to NY. What is the actual web address?

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, B! I'm so glad that you got to go to New York for Thanksgiving, but I'm REALLY glad you guys made it back for Tree Day! Love you both!

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home