Fun with the Fitels

A look into the life of (not-so) newlyweds Danny and Bethany Fitelson.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The most wonderful time of the year

At the risk of sounding crazy, I am so excited for Christmas! I don't know what it is about this year, but I can't wait for December! In the past, when I saw Christmas decorations in stores before Halloween, I scoffed at the marketing ploy. But a few weeks ago I started buying Christmas ornaments, Christmas movies, Christmas music, and I can't wait to use them! Danny says he can't get into the Christmas spirit while the temperature is in the high 70s, so I'll have to wait a few weeks before we get to read "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" together and put jingle bells on the door.

I think that my excitement about Christmas has to do with being a newlywed. For the first time, I get to splurge on Christmas decorations for my house and my own Christmas tree! I can't wait for Danny and I to buy our own stockings, tree ornaments, and house decorations.

Of course, I'm also looking forward to Thanksgiving and a great trip to New York. I might even have a chance to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade in person! Still, Christmas just can't come soon enough. Anyone else with me?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!
I am totally with you. I bought some tinkerbell christmas wrapping paper and a tinkerbell christmas ornament when the decorations first came out! My excitement for christmas this year though is having darcy home and a new addition to the family. (Jeremys new baby girl!) Hope youre having a great day!!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Thanks Cyan! I'm glad somebody's with me! Enjoy your family's exciting Christmas! Hope to see you soon.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Adelle said...

your first christmas together will be awesome...and I LOVE the best Christmas Pageant Ever! I've always wanted to put vaseline on my eyelids...

12:01 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Adelle,
Haha, I had forgotten about that! I think I actually DID put vaseline on my eyelids when I was little. It was just greasy. I tried it on my teeth once too since that's supposed to make you smile, but that didn't work either. Maybe I shouldn't try everything I read in a book or see on TV.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Danny said...

"It's the most wonderful time... of the year!"

I can't believe they are playing that commercial already for Best Buy! That song is driving me crazy! That and the one that goes "This Is Our Country". Apparently someone decided that we need to hear that song during every commercial break of every NFL game this season. I surrender! No more, please!

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You think it's difficult getting into the Christmas spirit when it's in the 70s? We cannot wrap our heads around it being Novemeber when it has been in the 90s for the past couple days here in Azusa!!!

I hope you guys enjoy your first Christmas together! =D

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with you, Bethany! This first Christmas is going to be so much fun and Rob and I are looking forward to it too. I can't believe how quickly the holidays have come- this time of year is my favorite. I am glad you will get your fix of cold weather on your trip- there is something wrong with it being so warm in CA in November and December! I hope you and Danny have a great week! Take good care.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home