Fun with the Fitels

A look into the life of (not-so) newlyweds Danny and Bethany Fitelson.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

3 suitcases and a funeral

The past few weeks have been hectic. In 10 days, I only slept in my own bed 2 nights, and they weren't consecutive. Twice I came home from a trip only to unpack, do laundry, and pack again to leave the next morning. Three different suitcases in 10 days. I'll fill you in as quickly as I can!

First, two weeks ago my grandmother (my dad's mom) died. She had Parkinson's and dementia for several years and her passing was peaceful. We are grateful she is finally released of her disease and in heaven. I had lots of time to reflect on life, death, family, and the reassurance that comes with knowing what happens to our loved ones when they pass, but I'll have to blog on that later. My sisters, my aunt, and my dad's aunt and uncle came for the funeral and while the event was sad, we shared great stories and had some fun family time in celebration of a beautiful woman.

After the funeral began trip one of three. Danny and I drove to San Francisco to meet up with the FCC high school students for our YWAM service project weekend. We spent the weekend working with YWAM staff to feed and befriend the homeless. Saturday morning we did the "Gulu Walk," a four-mile walk through the City to raise awareness and funds for the young victims of war in Northern Uganda. It was tiring, but so much fun!

Next we went to Carmel Valley for a conference I had to attend for work. Thankfully, they let Danny join me so we were put up in a hotel suite the size of our apartment with a fireplace, a king size bed, and a gorgeous view of the valley. I had to work during the day, but not too hard, and we got to spend the evenings together in a beautiful setting. We ate room service in bed while watching Monday Night Football. It was just about a perfect evening except for the way the Cowboys played. But I'm over it.

When we got home from that trip, I had to repack and get ready to leave for Abilene, Texas. I went with my parents and Eve (our "fourth sister") to visit both my sisters at Abilene Christian University. We had a great weekend, ate a LOT of good beef, and got to see my sister Grace perform at the football game with the ACU marching band. Good food and football; it was a great Texas vacation!

Now that I'm home from my whirlwind trips I'm enjoying some time at home with Danny. Next, he leaves this weekend for a junior high church retreat, and the following weekend we have visitors from Japan and will be doing the tour guide thing! After that we go to New York for Thanksgiving with the Fitelson clan. We'll try to post pictures from all our adventures soon!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

You know guys, we don't live so far away from NY. One of these times, we should meet halfway, or you would be welcome to come and stay with us for as long as you want!

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you, sister! It really meant a lot to me to get to see you so much over the past couple of weeks. I know it was a sacrifice for you, but I think we all needed some fun family QT. Give Danny a hug for me!

7:58 AM  
Blogger adbearde said...

Hey Girlie,
It was great to see you at the ACU football game. What a tremendous surprise! I am sorry to hear that things have been rough lately. You all are in my prayers. Blessings.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home