Fun with the Fitels

A look into the life of (not-so) newlyweds Danny and Bethany Fitelson.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Best Bachelor Party Ever!


Although this event took place over a month and a half ago, it simply shall not and cannot be forgotten. Just two days before I was to stand before my bride and vow to love, cherish and honor her as long as we both shall live, Groomsmen Brent and Rob threw the best bachelor party a guy could ever imagine. They even let me wear this sweet Raggedy Andy costume! Make that, they made me wear it. For the entire night.


Around 4 pm on June 29, I was led blindfolded into a car and driven to an unknown location. When the blindfold was removed, I found myself in a place that I picture heaven being like. Within the Tillman's basement were 10 computers all networked together, 2 Xboxes projected on the wall with 8 slots for Halo, and 2 felt poker tables with real clay chips. I knew right then that this was going to be a late night.

Back when I was leading the college group at FCC, it was not uncommon for us to play Warcraft, Age of Empires, and other games until midnight... 2 am... sometimes 7 am the next day. With wedding and ministry busyness, I had not played a single game of Warcraft for over a year until the bachelor party! So it felt good to be able to just kick back and let my orc wolfriders and wyverns kick some elvin booty. Yes, I realize that I am a giant nerd.

One of the nicest surprises of the night was finding out that Groomsman Brent drove all the way to San Rafael and back during rush hour to pick up 20 Red Boy Pizzas for dinner. A lot of us including me, Brent, Rob, Kevin H, Lopez and Stew worked at the Red Boy Pizza in Montclair together before it became Jamba Juice. It was a little bit nostalgic and quite tasty to have Red Boy again.

The guys at one point took some time to encourage and pray for me which was pretty cool and lent an air of seriousness to an otherwise playful night. All in all, I do declare that this was the Best Bachelor Party Ever!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

This comment is not specifically related to this particular post, as I know nothing about video gaming... but I wanted to say hi! Tommy just told me you guys had a blog and I've spent the last hour reading the whole thing! Congrats on your wedding. We were so bummed we weren't able to make it, but a cross country move seems like it was a pretty good excuse. I'm sure it was a beautiful day. Danny-next time you are in Tennessee, it's only a short 6 hours away from our new home in NC. So consider that an invitation for you both!

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home