Fun with the Fitels

A look into the life of (not-so) newlyweds Danny and Bethany Fitelson.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My 50 Favorite Movies

The past few weeks I have been trying to identify and rank my 50 favorite movies. Now that I have finished, I feel compelled to share this information with you. I have decided to write about one film from my list each week starting with #50 and moving toward #1.

Please note:

*These are MY FAVORITE films and so this list is very subjective. While I would argue that "Citizen Kane" may be one of the 10 best films ever made, it is not one of my favorite films, so it is not on my list. I guess you could say this is a list of films that resonated with me for some reason. Hope that makes sense.

*Many of these films contain material that you might find offensive. If you are interested in seeing one of the films that I write about but aren't sure of the rating or content, check this website: http://www.filmratings.com/ or leave a comment with your question.

*Speaking of comments, this won't be fun unless I hear some of your thoughts as I write about each movie. If you have seen it, tell me what you thought and if it would have made your list. If you haven't seen it, let me know if reading about it has made you want to go see it!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. I too did a list of movies on my own blog, but I did one movie for every day of the year. I gave a little write up and synopsis for why I thought that movie should be watched. Twas a fun endeavour. I'd send you the link to my blog but I'm not going to for two reasons:

1) That would taint your thought process and then my list of movies would keep ringing in your head while you tried to think of your own list.

2) I don't know you and we're strangers and so I don't want you visiting my blog. :p

haha! And yet I am here commenting on yours. Weird how things work, n'est pas?

BYE!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Danny said...

Dear anonymous,

In response to your reasons:

1. I already made my list and won't change it until I have posted all 50 movies.

2. You know, I'm not really a stranger anymore to you if you have read all the posts on this blog. Kinda scary how much anyone could learn about my life just by visiting this site. But if you don't want to go public, you can send me an email at dfitel@hotmail.com with your list. I'd love to take a look!

Thanks for the comment!

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can also rent clean versions of any movies at cleanflicks.com :) Doesn't help with violent content but language and sexually explicit material are no longer present.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

What a great idea. I can't wait to hear your list!

5:33 AM  
Blogger Gene Oh said...

I like that you made a favorite list, not a best. sweet dude, since there's no way anyone could argue with you! Cameron Crowe is a fave of mine too, I've gotta rent the apartment. Be cool dude, I'm gonna netflix now.

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home