Fun with the Fitels

A look into the life of (not-so) newlyweds Danny and Bethany Fitelson.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Big News (no, it's not a baby)

This has been the year of change. In 2006, I moved twice, got married, changed churches, started graduate school, and now...I got a new job!

Most of you know I have started studying for my Masters in Theology at Fuller Seminary's Northern California extension campus. Through being a student I found out that Fuller had a job opening for a new staff member, so I applied and got the job! The job title is Marketing Associate, but what I'll be doing is pretty open-ended and will change every day. I'll do office work and help with student needs like applications and phone calls, and hopefully I'll get to do some marketing, writing newsletters and other PR as well as student recruiting. I'm thrilled to be leaving Information Technology for a job that's both writing and ministry with a lot of people interaction. No more fixing computers, yay! (No offense to the computer geeks, it's just not for me.)

The staff at Fuller Northern California has been so wonderful during the interview process and I'm confident it will be a great working environment. I can't wait! I start January 2nd, so I have two more weeks at Juniper (less with Christmas vacation). Come January, I'll no longer roll my eyes and mumble something about "It's really not interesting" when people ask me what I do for a living! (Again, no offense to the computer geeks, but when you tell someone you work at the Helpdesk then they start asking about the new Microsoft patches or something and like I said before, it's just not for me.)

If anyone in Northern California is looking to do Biblical graduate school, now you know who to call!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bethany, that is great! Congratulations to you. I know it will be exciting to do something you are actually interested in! Hope you and Danny are enjoying the weekend. Take care!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home