Fun with the Fitels

A look into the life of (not-so) newlyweds Danny and Bethany Fitelson.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Random Happenings




The first ever Fitelson-Hall collaboration Christmas tree is up! Actually, it's been up since Thanksgiving weekend, but I didn't have time to get the pictures onto the computer. We love our first Christmas tree because it has ornaments from both our childhoods as well as new ones we (meaning I) bought this year.


Our tree is leaning just a bit, probably because we couldn't agree on where to put it AFTER screwing it into the stand so it was dragged all over the living room. Danny says it has a "gangsta lean" which his friends think is hilarious and I don't understand at all.




Two weekends in a row we hosted big events at our little apartment, and it all went really well! Danny was the best husband ever since he worked so hard to clean the whole house while I stressed about cooking and baking to feed a ton of people. I hosted a bridal shower (the picture is for the moms, aunts and grandmas) and we were able to use our wedding china for the first time! Then we had people over to watch the Cowboys beat the Falcons (and served bridal shower leftovers) and the next day we hosted the youth group student and adult staff Christmas party. Yup, that means we fed and accomodated about 17 people, but it was a ton of fun! I've said this before and I'll say it til I die: Pampered Chef is a life-saver! All the food I made for all the parties was from Pampered Chef recipes (and using their super cool tools) and they make it so easy to throw a party for 20 people!


Now that the parties are over, we really get to relax and enjoy the holidays, although we're filling our calendar up fast because we don't know what to do with all this time! Plus, I have two days left at work before I start my new job, so work has been really easy and it feels great.


I'll leave you with a little laugh, and although it's at Danny's expense you should know that no one laughs harder at himself than Danny. I'm always telling Danny he should spend more than 6.99 for a haircut, so he sucked it up and went to a nicer place that charges a whopping $14 for a haircut. The day after his haircut, we were driving in the car and I was in the driver's seat with a perfect view of his left ear....and the huge bald spot the lady left on his head! I couldn't stop laughing, and for the rest of the day as we drove around I would turn to tell him something and it would come out like this: "We should remember to...teeheeheehee!" So, we had to share with the rest of the world.




Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Guys! Always good to have an update on your new family!! Merry Christmas!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Ah it isn't so bad!! LOL! But anyway, Merry Christmas! (I have heard nothing but wonderful good things about Pampered Chef!!)
Hope you guys have a blessed New Year!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home