Fun with the Fitels

A look into the life of (not-so) newlyweds Danny and Bethany Fitelson.

Friday, April 27, 2007

24th Favorite Movie - Saving Private Ryan

Make sure you have read the first post in this series ("My 50 Favorite Movies") before you read on...

So we are past the halfway point! The end is in sight! Hopefully I will finish this thing sometime in October, which will have been one year from when I started.

A second straight Steven Spielberg movie comes in at #24 on my list, Saving Private Ryan. And there is actually one more Spielberg movie to go at #18. Bethany has gone on record saying that if it is not E.T., there will be serious repercussions. I have not seen E.T. since we went to see it in the theater for my birthday party when I turned 8. But that does not mean it could not have made a sizable impact on me... As you can tell, Bethany is a big E.T. fan. She has a life-sized doll of him as well as a pillow of his face. When I was moving in, the pillow gave Tommy B the creeps and he turned it around so it wasn't looking at him. Anyways, more on E.T. and Spielberg in a few weeks.

I really have no time to talk about this movie except to say it really should have won the Academy Award for Best Picture in 1998 instead of Shakespeare in Love. I heard that Band of Brothers is really good too, so I just queued it up in Netflix. I'd write more but I have to go to Disneyland now. WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Hey, bro! Good choice. I saw this movie with my Dad and I remember just being too shocked to even cry at the end. If you know what a big crier I am, that's saying something. Completely powerful. Helped me understand the war so much better. Have fun at Disneyland!

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home