Fun with the Fitels

A look into the life of (not-so) newlyweds Danny and Bethany Fitelson.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Crunch time!

This will be a quick post, but I think short is better than nothing! The past few weeks have been hectic and busy (I know, I sound like a broken record - I should stop being surprised by how crazy our lives are) and the chaos is now culminating in the end of my school quarter. I have to read two books, write reports on them, and write a 10-page paper in the next week. Doable, but stressful! It doesn't help that I'll be working all day tomorrow because it's the Fuller Northern California graduation day. Should be fun!

Even though I've enjoyed my class, I'm really looking forward to the quarter being over. I'll finally have time to do those luxurious things that fall by the wayside -- like laundry and cleaning the bathroom. Besides housekeeping, Danny and I do have a great summer planned. We get to attend the wedding of two great friends, then the next day we celebrate our one year anniversary! Where has the time gone? I keep thinking we're still newlyweds because honestly, I'm not tired of Danny yet! Haha. But seriously, I thought the first year of marriage was supposed to be a lot harder than this, so I kept waiting for the fun to run out before the one year mark. But it's still great! We're planning a quick getaway to celebrate, somewhere near the ocean - woohoo! The details are still being kept from me, which makes it way fun.

July will continue with the birth of our ringbearer's little brother (hang in there Adelle!) a trip to Seattle for me (mixing work and play) then a trip to Alaska for Danny (youth group mission trip). At the beginning of August I head to Colonial Williamsburg for the wedding of one of my Japan mission teammates. The yon-nin matsuri (that's Japanese for four-person festival) will unite again! Can you tell I can't wait for school to be over and the summer to begin? One more thing I'm excited about for summer - this summer I'll be in an office with windows. Call me silly, but the past few summers have been very depressing while all my high schoolers are out in the sun and at camp and I was freezing in cubicle-land with no natural lights for miles. Just another perk to the new job, which is BUSY but so much fun!

Anyway, back to quickly recapping the past few weeks. Danny and I got to host some fun people in our home, including my sisters at different times for some sibling bonding which included getting Trisha addicted to American Idol. Don't judge us, you know you love it too. We also got a huge surprise visit from Tim, another member of the Japan yon-nin matsuri! He came to San Francisco for training and treated us to dinner at the hotel where he was training. Dinner was Asian-Cuban fusion, very unique and really tasty. We had a ton of fun. I love catching up with friends that I've known for years (almost 10? Yikes!) and it feels like you just saw each other the other day. Tim's really a blessing and it was great to see him!

Then it was time for Camp Cov, the First Covenant Memorial Day tradition. This was my first year to experience an entire Camp Cov, and it was really fun. We spent the whole weekend in the Santa Cruz mountains with fresh air. Highlights were napping in the sun while chatting (me) and playing volleyball (Danny) with friends, drive-in movie and Marianne's ice cream with the teens, and getting to know some First Covenant family better. The low was Danny being subjected to the traditional "Dunk the pastor" dunk tank, but that's another story.

Gotta run, will share more soon!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Hey, B and Bro! Thanks for including me in your week and hosting me up at Camp Cov. I'm glad I didn't talk in my sleep too much! Love you both...

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home