Fun with the Fitels

A look into the life of (not-so) newlyweds Danny and Bethany Fitelson.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Happiest Place on Earth

If you read our last update you know that Danny and I spent the weekend at Disneyland. It was the perfect weekend getaway! Everything was great and it felt so good to be away with no responsibility. I got to leave work early on Friday so we stopped at Harris Ranch for dinner on the way to LA. I had the chicken. Haha, just kidding. We had fabulous steak! We got to our hotel at about 9:30 so we had plenty of time to enjoy the nice room and relax. We highly recommend The Annabella Hotel in Anaheim - we paid motel prices for a gorgeous room with a super comfy bed.

Saturday morning we hit Disneyland. My biggest fear was that the free tickets we got from a friend at church wouldn't be valid. I read them a hundred times but I just knew it couldn't be that easy and they would say the tickets are only good for certain days or certain people - but we waltzed right in without paying a cent! By lunch we had done all our favorite rides and not waited in any nasty lines. We ran into Jerry and Christine, friends from the Campbell Church, and then had lunch at the Blue Bayou, the restaurant inside the Pirates of the Carribean. I've always wanted to eat there because of the atmosphere but now I want to eat there again because of the food! Man, that was an amazing meal. That meal was so good that it actually inspired a new blog countdown for when Danny finishes his movie countdown: Top 10 meals he's ever eaten.

After lunch we hit California Adventure, a first for both of us. We enjoyed all the rides (and the Bug's Life and Muppets 3-D shows!). Tower of Terror was our favorite ride - at one point I didn't know if we were going up or down, I just knew we were going fast! We ran from the Muppets 3-D show (it really was great!) to have dinner with Mandy and Danny, college students from the Campbell Church at the ESPN Zone. More great food, but the best part (besides Mandy and Danny's company) was the private TV screen in our booth! We swapped back and forth between baseball, hockey, and Pepperdine volleyball!

We headed back to Disneyland to hit Tomorrowland and call it a day. We did have to stand in line for almost two hours to ride Space Mountain - and then were scared out of our minds since we were in the front row and couldn't see anything! Fun stuff. We passed out in the soft hotel bed at about 1 am after a great day. The weekend ended with lunch with Jessica and Alex, college students from First Covenant and a relaxing drive home. I'm so grateful for time away just the two of us, and it couldn't have been more perfect! I highly recommend a romantic getaway at the happiest place on earth.

3 Comments:

Blogger Adelle said...

so jealous! that sounds amazing. going as an adult is the best! and i've always wanted to eat at the Blue Bayou too! I couldn't afford it when I was in college! ; )

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your Disney trip! =) See you in a couple weeks!

11:29 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

I'm so glad you guys had fun. Isn't the Tower of Terror amazing? I loooove that ride. Blue Bayou is so cool, too. Did you notice the shooting star? It's those little details that make Disneyland what it is. Jealous face!!

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home