Fun with the Fitels

A look into the life of (not-so) newlyweds Danny and Bethany Fitelson.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I Married a Champ

I know blogs without pictures are boring, but you've seen our wedding pictures and we don't have a cute baby yet, so you'll just have to deal with words instead. Although I was talking to Anna Luce at church about our wedding and she asked "So do you have children now?" as if they came with the marriage license. Cracked me up. I love seeing the world through a kindergartner's eyes.

We had quite a busy weekend! On Saturday Danny and John Leestma teamed up to take on an amateur volleyball tournament. (They played "Bs" for those of you who actually know what that means. I'm not even sure I used that correctly in a sentence.) They played 7 games over about 9 hours. And they won the whole thing!! I, for one, am impressed that I'm married to a studly volleyball champion. I thought he would at least get a trophy to put on our mantel, but he just got a sweatshirt. Maybe we'll frame the sweatshirt.

Saturday night I was at a BBQ in San Jose with church buddies (after a productive day of getting my hair cut, chatting with my parents, and working on papers for grad school) and I get a text message that says "Can you bring me Gatorade? I can't move." I restrained myself from the wifely "I TOLD you to drink more today!" and rushed home to find my husband in a groaning pile on the couch and an ice pack on his head. And he had to preach the next day....

Sunday, despite sore legs and a short night of sleep, Danny delivered a great sermon (twice) on 1 Corinthians at FCC. My mom did double duty as she attended Campbell's early service to hear my dad preach, then drove an hour to FCC's second service to hear her son-in-law preach. It was great to have her there. I got to teach the high school class in Danny's absence and talked about my trip to Kenya and how it changed me. It was a little scary since it was my first time flying solo with my new youth group, but I think it helped that I had cool pictures of safari animals.

Monday night we decorated Danny's parents' house since this week marks their 40th wedding anniversary and they were out of town. Happy anniversary to both Danny's parents and my parents this week! We love you!

4 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

LOL. I think because I have had too much time on my hands, I have developed a way of posting even the most ridiculous blog photos. (like the photo of starburst jellybeans because I was obsessed...) By the way, we get the "when are you going to get pregnant" questions all the time. My dad and my mother in law are both craving grandkids :)

1:58 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

My parents are restraining themselves, but my sisters are putting the pressure on!

Glad to hear from you Erin!
-Bethany

11:20 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

Wait till you've been married FOUR years! My mom is is crazy for some grandkids! Actually, the kid talk died way down after we'd been married a little while. Then my sister had a baby a year ago and it started again in earnest.

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MAKE ME A BABY, WOMAN!

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home