Fun with the Fitels

A look into the life of (not-so) newlyweds Danny and Bethany Fitelson.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Resurfacing

You know how dolphins breathe air but stay under water for a long time and then resurface to get breath before going under again? Well hello, I'm dolphin girl. I feel as though I've been doggie paddling to keep my head above water, and then every few weeks or so I get to come up for air. I don't mean to sound like life is rough -- it's full of good stuff, it's just FULL. My new job is keeping me really busy but I love it. I'm taking a class on World Religions this quarter as I pursue my MA degree, and that has been an amazing experience! Youth ministry is really busy, especially since we had a weekend retreat at the end of January. The retreat was a ton of fun, but it took me a few weeks to recover from the lack of sleep!
Here's a picture from the retreat. Our tradition is to go inner tubing at a snow park, and each year we do one last run with the entire group, all 40-ish of us. I'm the blue dot at the top left, and Danny is the yellow blob at the bottom left!


So that's been my life lately: work, classes, writing papers, and playing with teens. The paper I'm working on next is about Judaism so yesterday Danny and I visited a Jewish temple for their Sabbath service. It was really interesting and a lot of fun, although we really disappointed the rabbi after service when we told him we were Christians. I think he got excited for some fresh blood at the synagogue. It was a neat service and they do so many things I wish we did in church. They had junior high students involved in the service -- even leading the Scripture readings. I think in churches we often make the kids sit still and be quiet, but I wish we let them participate in worship more. Another thing I admire about Jews is the joy they have in worship. Jews know how to party, and for all the right reasons! They ended the service with bread and wine to remember to be thankful for our daily bread and to celebrate life.


Speaking of celebrate, congratulations to Dallas Cowboys Quarterback Tony Romo for winning the quarterback challenge at the NFL Pro-Bowl. Yup, that means my boy Romo is the best quarterback in the NFL. Peyton Schmeyton.

So that's been life lately. This has been a bit of a random post, and there's not much ground-breaking news to share, but thanks for keeping up with us! Now it's back to reading and doing laundry!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, dolphin girl! You and I must be living the same life... I'm glad that you guys keep this blog, though, because it really helps me feel connected to you even when we don't get to talk. I'm gonna start a blog of my own, too, so now you can know what's up in my life!

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home